“TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED IN RETURN”
The goal of
Archbishop Stepinac’s Campus Ministry Department is to strengthen, develop and
nurture the spiritual growth of our students, faculty, staff and the Stepinac
Community. During their four years at Stepinac, our students will develop into
young men of faith, scholarship and service. Students of ALL faiths are
invited to be a part of Stepinac’s Campus Ministry program.
strengthen our Catholic Faith and relationship with God, there are daily
Masses, special Masses and Liturgies celebrated throughout the year. Students
and faculty actively participate in each celebration.
students will attend a retreat to learn more about themselves and their faith.
This also provides an opportunity for them to come together as a class.
Social Justice Events
To help students become aware and respond to the needs of those less fortunate, several events are offered throughout the year. Some of these events also give students an opportunity to complete the required service hours each student needs to fulfill. These events include:
· Box City – This event raises money for the homeless.
· Turkey Trot – Frozen turkeys are collected in November for families at Thanksgiving
· Adopt A Family – Each homeroom collects Christmas gifts for needy families to brighten up their holiday
· “Souper Bowl” A Stepinac Community Event where non -perishable food items are collected for those in need. 5.7 tons of food have been collected
· Have A Heart / Seniors for Seniors – The Stepinac Community collects chocolate hearts. The senior class then makes Valentine’s Day cards for the seniors in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. The hearts and card are then brought to the various homes. Over 300 have been collected
· Soles for Souls – Shoes are collected and distributed for those in need.
· Habitat for Humanity – Students attend a Habitat for Humanity site in which they help build homes
· Midnight Run – Students provide food to the homeless in New York City