The goal of our academic program is to prepare students for success in college and beyond. To this end, we want to make sure our students are globally competitive. Therefore, there is a focus on technology literacy along with an emphasis on inquiry based learning as assessments are focused on project based collaborations. Our goal is to engage, enhance, and extend our learning with the application of our studies to real world problems. Here is a quick summary of our program:
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of College and Secondary Schools
- 26 Advanced Placement Classes including AP Capstone Diploma Program
- Over 40 Honors courses
- Over 60 electives
- 15 dual enrollment courses with St. John’s University and Marist College
- 4 Honors Academies (Engineering, Finance/Economics, Health Sciences, Law)
- 9 National Honor Societies
- 2 Certificate Programs in Computer Science Engineering and Entrepreneurship
- Mean SAT scores surpass state and national averages.
- Each course is blended with interactive technology platforms: MyMathLab, Mastering Science, MyLitLab, MyHistoryLab, MyLanguage Lab, MyProgramming Lab, Pearson REALIZE, Pearson REVEL, among others. These platforms are the same platforms used in undergraduate and graduate programs at the university level.
- Our blended learning program has received recognition from Rice University. In addition, the school was awarded the Executive Leadership Award from Fordham University Graduate School of Education for its outstanding STEAM program.